The Aprilaire Model 5000 Whole-Home Electronic Air Cleaner has been rated #1 three years running by a leading products ratings magazine for some very good reasons: It electronically charges particles and traps them like a magnet better than any other air cleaner – using 72 square feet of Aprilaire-branded filtering media. The Model 5000 is tried, true, and tested – delivering the highest efficiency possible.Installed by your HVAC professional as part of your central heating and cooling system, the Aprilaire Model 5000 Electronic Air Cleaner can help give you the cleanest, healthiest air in every room of your home.
Through patented technology, particles entering the air cleaner pass through a control electrode, which focuses and intensifies an electrical field generated by ionizing wires. The particles are charged in the electrical field and then collected on grounded micro-fiber media. There is no monthly cleaning of collector plates like with other types of electronic air cleaners, in fact, the Model 5000’s media needs to be changed only once a year.
Fact: Home’s today are being built or remodeled with more weather stripping, caulking and insulation becoming both tighter and more energy efficient in the process. The problem? More contaminants are becoming trapped inside our homes. The air we breathe indoors can be loaded with pollutants like respirable dust, pet dander, dust mites, mold spores, bacteria, viruses and more that aren’t finding their way out through cracks or air leaks in the home. With estimates that a typical person spends 90% of their time indoors and takes up to 20,000 breaths every day – you want to be breathing the cleanest air possible.
1. Best Indoor Air Quality—no other air cleaner captures over 98% of airborne contaminants down to one micron in size 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
2. Peace of Mind—kills captured bacteria and spores and permanently traps particles, leaving absolutely no chance of them being released back into the air.
3. Convenient—once-a-year service takes less than 20 minutes—it works silently and invisibly and you’ll dust less often.
4. Whole-Home—can clean the air in every room of your home more than four times every hour.
5. Energy Savings & Protection—keeps dust and dirt from building up on your heating and cooling equipment and ensures the equipment runs at peak efficiency—maximizing the life of your valuable equipment.